As we all adjust to spending more time at home due to coronavirus, here are some great home-based fundraising ideas to alleviate the boredom and to keep funding GDUK’s vital helpline.
- Stairway challenge – which mountain will you climb? Choose a summit, work out how many times you need to climb your stairs and then plan the time needed to complete your challenge. Set a fundraising target and then create a fundraiser on Facebook or JustGiving. Don’t forget to tell everyone you are doing this whilst at home – the cheers and donations will come flying in
- Virtual Jam for Genes – if you have a musical talent, take it online with a virtual gig through Facebook or Instagram live. Set up a JustGiving page so that those who join you can donate.
- Coronavirus ‘swear’ jar – put £1 in the jar whenever your use the word ‘coronavirus’ and donate the collection to GDUK
- EBAY denim upcycle sales. Got some old jeans? jazz-up your jeans with pom-poms and patches and sell them on Ebay. Donate the money to GDUK.
Make your donation at: www.geneticdisordersuk.org/make-a-donation/
- And don’t forget to register for your 2020 Jeans for Genes Day digital fundraising pack at www.jeansforgenes.org. Select your fundraising day, whether you are back at school or still at home, from Monday 14 – Sunday 20 September and get your jeans on!