The vision of Genetic Disorders UK is to empower individuals and families affected by genetic disorders. We aim to do this by:
- Raising awareness about genetic disorders and funds for the genetic disorder community through Jeans for Genes Day, an annual event that encourages employees and school children to make a small donation in exchange for wearing their jeans for the day
- Developing educational materials about genetic disorders and the impact they have on the lives of affected children and their families
- Providing an informative website written by individuals who are either affected by a genetic disorder themselves or have a child with a genetic disorder
- Offering direct support to affected individuals and their families through our email and telephone helpline
- Supporting the charities, support groups and other organisations that are dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by genetic disorders, through our grant programme, events and the sharing of information and best practice.
If you would like to be kept informed of new developments and future events, please register to become a member.