Support available locally

Once your child has been diagnosed by the NHS your local authority services should help with their needs.

The care of a child with special needs is considered a frontline service

You are legally entitled to services such as education for your child, possibly transport to and from school and assistance with adapting your home.

In this section we’ll steer you through the jargon and unravel the red tape of your local council.